To listen to Mark Ventham preaching from at Christ Church on Sunday morning 15th December 2013 use the link below.
Questions for discussion:
1. Was there anything you didn’t understand from the sermon or about the way it was applied to the Christian life?!
2. How are the promises of Gen 49:8-12 fulﬁlled in part in David? How are they fulﬁlled in Christ’s ﬁrst coming? What are we still waiting for?!
3. Why can we wait with a greater conﬁdence for the Kingdom then the OT waited for the King? Is there a difference?!
4. How does waiting for the Kingdom help us make sense of the world around us?!
5. If this period of waiting is an act of love by God – How should we be reﬂecting this in our lives?!
6. How does waiting for the Kingdom, bring about an increase in our excitement? How have you found this in your life? How does this particularly relate to suffering?!
7. What do you ﬁnd difﬁcult about waiting for the Kingdom and why?!
8. What was said in the sermon/ tonight that made an impact on you? How did you feel about what was said?!
9. How will you wait differently this Christmas and in the year to come, as a result of the sermon and discussion this evening?
Series: One Off