In the 1930’s a small group of Christians in Haywards Heath began meeting and evangelising with a special focus on open air ‘tent meetings’ and on 11th February 1936 the group of 16 believers agreed to form a church called “Haywards Heath Independent Evangelical Mission.”
The name was soon changed to Haywards Heath Evangelical Free Church and more recently to Christ Church Haywards Heath but with the same essential purpose – to be disciples making disciples who love God and love people expressed in our commitment to proclaiming and living out the truth of God’s word.
80 Years later, praise God, the church is large enough to fill the building on a Sunday morning and by God’s grace the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ God’s only Saviour is still at the centre of all we do. We trust the Lord to bless us in the years ahead. May all the glory be to Him!