Water into Wine – The First Sign
Jesus’ first miracle is a sign showing us that he is…
- The Son of God.
- The Promised King.
- His coming is a Celebration, a great party without end.
To listen to Graham Nicholls preaching at Christ Church on Sunday morning 10th May 2015 use the player above..
Questions for discussion in Community Groups
1. What is John’s purpose in writing his gospel?
2. What does that tell us about the content of gospel proclamation, and the purpose of gospel proclamation? Are these our methods and goals?
3. Thinking about the Old Testament background, what was wine associated with when used positively?
4. What was the connection between wine and the Messianic blessings (e.g. Isaiah 25:6-9; Jeremiah 31:12; Hosea 14:7; Amos 9:13-14?)
5. What does Jesus generously provide for us?
6. Is that idea of feasting and celebration for us now as believers or something for the future?
7. Do you talk to people about the miracles of Jesus being signs of his person and work? How could you explain this to someone who does not have faith right now?
Series: AllAge (2015)