The Name of God – The Lord is My Shepherd – Yahweh Rohi
- Our Shepherd Provides.
- Our Shepherd Guides.
- Our Shepherd Protects.
- Jesus is Our Good Shepherd.
To listen to Mark Ventham preaching at Christ Church on Sunday morning 8th February 2015 use the player above..
Questions for discussion in Community Groups
1. What does the psalmist mean when he writes that the Lord is my shepherd I shall not be in want? What does it mean for the Lord to be my Shepherd? What does it mean for us not to be in want?
2. How have you experienced your Shepherd’s provision and care? What practically does this look like? What does this reveal about the nature of our God?
3. Jesus says John 10:10 “ I have come that they may have life and have it to the full”, how does this connect with v1 of Psalm 23? What does it mean for us to have life to the full? (is it just spiritual?)
4. How does our Shepherd guide us in paths of righteousness v3?
5. Why must a sheep follow his shepherd- why must we follow ours? Jesus says “follow me” what will that mean for us, what that actually entail? How do you find this?
6. The Psalmist writes ‘even when he walks through the valley of the shadow of death, OR see NIV footnote, through the darkest valley, what are the dark valleys we face, how do we feel going through them?
7. How can the Psalmist declare as he goes through these valleys he will fear no evil? How do you respond to the dark valleys? How is your response similar or dissimilar to that of the psalmist and why?
8. Jesus says as the Good Shepherd, that He lays down his life for His sheep, Jn 10:15 how does this shape our understanding of going through the specific valley of death?
9. What does our Shepherd promise v5-6 to all who follow, trust in Him, where will he lead us? How does knowing this, help you in trusting your Shepherd?[/box]
Series: AllAge (2015)