Wise words, benefitting from the book of Proverbs
What does the book of Proverbs aim to achieve?
- Designed to foster wisdom.
- Using the sayings of the wise.
- A course of study.
- Part 1 (1:1 – 9:18): The voice of the instructor (addressing his son).
- Part 2 (10:1 – 22:16): Sentence proverbs (wisdom speaks).
- A discussion not a lecture.
- There is a structure.
- Mostly contrast proverbs, emphasis on the righteous and the wicked (ch 10 – 15).
- More “Yahweh” proverbs with a theoretical heart (ch 15 – 16).
- Mostly comparison proverbs, this is like that (ch 16 – 22).
- Part 3 (22:17 – 31:31): The voice of the instructor resumes.
To listen to Nick McQuaker leading the talkback session at Christ Church on Sunday evening 24th May 2015 use the player above..
Series: One Off