Sandwiched in between two chapters where David shows honour to Saul and great patience and maturity, David very nearly makes a big mistake by acting hastily and the restraint he shows with Saul is abandoned. It almost has disastrous consequences but for the intervention of the wise Abigail.
To listen to Graham Nicholls preaching from 1 Samuel 25 at Christ Church on Sunday morning 26th January 2014 use the link below.
Here also, are the main questions for Community Groups this week
1. Was there anything you didn’t understand about the meaning of the bible text or about the way it was applied to the Christian life?
2. What was said in the sermon that made an impact on you? How did you feel about what was said?
3. What characteristics do the three main characters in the story show? (Nabal, Abigail, David)
4. How can you follow the example of Abigail as a wife, husband or friend?
5. What can you learn from the behaviour of David?
6. How do you learn patience? What do we need to remember?
7. How does the death of Nabal challenge us?
Series: 1 Samuel (2014)