David experiences rejection but God assures him of his presence, his power and that he is building a people with him as their leader.
Jesus the greater Son of David perfects that faith and trust shown by David and triumphs at every point and is saved and brings salvation to others through suffering.
To listen to Graham Nicholls preaching from 1 Samuel 21 at Christ Church on Sunday morning 24th November 2013 use the link below.
Here also, are the main questions for Community Groups this week
1. Was there anything you didn’t understand about the meaning of the bible text or about the way it was applied to the Christian life?
2. What was said in the sermon that made an impact on you? How did you feel about what was said?
3. How is David showing his faith (Psalms 34, 56 and then 57 and 142 may also help)
4. How do we experience and assurance of the presence of God with us?
5. What is a good way to remember God’s powerful salvation in the past?
6. What kind of people can come to Jesus and be part of God’s kingdom. What are we doing to invite the debtors, the distressed and the discontented to come to Jesus?
Series: 1 Samuel (2013)